The construction of Noida-Greater Noida Metro or Aqua line project is perhaps one of those things that all the residents of Noida and Greater Noida must be waiting for. And why not, after all your life is going to become as smooth as taking a cake walk. Your entire way of travelling in both Noida and Greater Noida will reach into another level. For instance, taking an auto rickshaw ride is the only option available for reaching Pari Chowk from Alpha and Delta Sectors in Greater Noida. But, with the construction of Aqua Line, you can reach there by taking a smooth air-conditioned ride in the metro.
We know, you all are looking for complete construction details of Noida-Greater Noida Metro, hence Bullmen Realty has come up with this post so you can get all the information on a single page.
- Noida-Greater Noida Metro is a 29.7 km metro project which will feature 21 metro stations. The line begins from Noida Sector 71 station and will reach Greater Noida Sector Delta I via Sectors 137, 142, 143, 144, etc.
- Originally, the construction cost per kilometre was expected to ₹200 crores, but it is been constructed at an actual cost of ₹150 crores, making it the most economical metro projects in the country.
- CRRC Nanjing Corporation Limited is a Chinese-origin company which is likely to despatch the metro trains for the Aqua Line. Each coach in the Noida-Greater Noida Metro costs around ₹4 crores. It has a seating and standing capacity of 186 and 848 passengers. That means, 1034 passengers can travel in it in a single go.
- The Noida-Greater Noida Metro is expected to commence its operation in the month of April 2018. Almost 19 trains will run on the Aqua Line at a speed of 35 km per hour.
- Almost 95% of the construction work has been done as per the official statement given in the month of August.
- The work for erecting Over Head Electrical (OHE) lines has been done on 20 km out of 29.7 km of the Noida-Greater Noida Metro corridor.
- The structural work of 21 metro stations in total has been completed in a time duration of fewer than 20 months.
- Around 60% of the electrical and mechanical work has been completed and 65% of the track has been laid on the entire stretch of the Noida-Greater Metro line. The structural work of the 21 metro stations has also been completed and its finishing work is going on at full pace.
- The power sub-station at Sector 148 will begin its operation by the end of December 2017. This sub-station will be utilised to energise the Aqua Line.
- The first train of the Noida-Greater Noida Aqua Line reached Greater Noida Metro Depot on Thursday, 14th December 2017.
- The trials on the Aqua Line are expected to begin from 30th December 2017 on a stretch of around 6 km and will continue for next 2 months.